Every day, we are inspired by stories of directly impacted people who are overcoming impossible odds to help their communities get through the COVID-19 crisis.
We also know that there are many more stories that need to be told. That’s why, throughout 2020, we are collecting stories from boys and men of color who are taking action in big and small ways to help their families, communities and cities get through this difficult time and make lasting change.
We want to hear your stories of overcoming adversity and serving your community. Leadership takes many forms – it can show up through advocacy, art or simply being a source of support for your loved ones. You never know who you might inspire when you share your story, so use the form below to share your story. We will be selecting three stories each month to feature on the Here to Lead website; selected stories each will receive a $500 stipend.
Not sure where to start? Here are a few ideas to get you going:
- Tell us about the community you live in, and what challenges you or others in your community faced even before COVID-19 hit.
- How has COVID-19 impacted you, your family and/or community? How has it changed your focus or work?
- What are you doing to create change in your community, or beyond, during this time? Include examples.
- What inspires you? What changes would you like to see? Tell us your vision for the future of your community and/or California.
- What would you like those who read your story to know and do?
We look forward to learning more about you.
#HeretoLead is inclusive of transgender, gender nonconforming and LGTQI+ leaders. We define boys and men of color as multigenerational, AAPI, African American, Latinx and Native American.